Thursday, July 30, 2009

Do Not Buy These


I picked up this repack box at Mall Wart a while back, and am just now getting around to cracking it. It promises "Over $18 Value" for $10. I knew when I bought it that I would be receiving a bunch of unsold overstocked junk wax. I had low expectations. But I haven't bought a lot of wax from the past few years, so I figured I'd at least mostly get cards of sets I did not already have a lot of cards from. Let's see what treasure lay within:
In a word: yuck. 1987 Topps? 1989 Star? 1991 O-Pee-Chee? 1991 Studio? Like, for real real?

Interestingly, though the box claimed to contain eight packs, it in fact contained nine. Not that it matters, since four of them are so cheap.

In short, I feel like I was terribly ripped off. I will not buy another repack box from this company, and I would discourage anyone else from trying their luck.

I posted the Star pack over on APAD, if you care to see the gory details.

No comments: